A serviceman from Khasavyurt was killed in combat.
Rasul Saypulayev was killed in combat in Ukraine. Since the beginning of the military operation, at least 1,951 soldiers from Dagestan have been officially recognized as killed.
As reported by the "Caucasian Knot," by May 22, at least 1,950 soldiers from Dagestan were officially recognized as killed in the military operation in Ukraine.
Rasul Saypulayev was killed in the military operation, and the Order of Courage was presented to his parents and sister, the Khasavyurt administration reported on its website. The fighter's biography is not detailed in the publication.
Thus, at least 1,951 fighters from Dagestan have been officially recognized as killed in the military operation.
The death of a SVO member from Khasavyurt was previously reported on May 22. Then the mayor's office reported that Ibrahim Gamzatov was killed in the fighting.
"Caucasian Knot" maintains a list of names of natives of the North Caucasus and Southern Federal Districts killed in the military operation. The list was compiled based on data officially released by government officials and law enforcement agencies, according to the "Caucasian Knot" report "Northern Military District Statistics: Casualties Mounting in Southern Russia."
State awards, memorial plaques, and appearances on Channel One do not guarantee state support for the families of those killed, according to the "Caucasian Knot" report "Three Comrades Served: How the Authorities Are Denying Benefits to the Families of Killed Volunteers," which describes the stories of the slain soldiers. "His family was not accorded any official honors. The military registration and enlistment office said they allegedly didn't even have Sogaz insurance. They allegedly weren't insured... No one else responded, including the military prosecutor's office," a relative of one of them said.