A fighter from Dagestan was killed in Ukraine.
Romik Khalidov from the Magaramkent district was killed in combat in Ukraine. Since the beginning of the military operation, at least 1,950 soldiers from Dagestan have been officially recognized as killed.
As reported by the "Caucasian Knot," by May 22, at least 1,949 soldiers from Dagestan had been officially recognized as killed in the military operation in Ukraine.
On May 22, the Magaramkent district administration presented an award to the family of serviceman Romik Khalidov, killed in the military operation in Ukraine, the district administration reported on its Telegram channel. The fighter's biography is not detailed in the publication.
Thus, at least 1,950 fighters from Dagestan have been officially recognized as killed in the military operation.
The death of a SVO member from the Magaramkent district was previously reported on April 30. The administration then reported that Gadzhi Ramazanov had been killed in the fighting.
The "Caucasian Knot" maintains a list of names of natives of the North Caucasus Federal District and the Southern Federal District killed in the military operation. The list was compiled based on data officially released by government officials and law enforcement agencies, according to the "Caucasian Knot" report "NVO Statistics: Losses Are Growing for Southern Russia."
State awards, memorial plaques, and appearances on Channel One do not guarantee state support for the families of those killed, according to the "Caucasian Knot" report "Three Comrades Served: How the Authorities Are Depriving the Families of Killed Volunteers of Benefits," which describes the stories of the slain soldiers. In particular, the widow of one of the slain soldiers said that without a body, the battalion had not made any payments for the soldier's death.
Recall that 18-year-old Said Murtazaliev from Dagestan was tortured by security forces in the Moscow region to sign a contract with the Ministry of Defense. In the combat zone, commanders forced him to collect money, after which the young man was declared missing. "I myself was sent to the assault, where comrade 'Spartak' said that an order had been received to cancel my military service," Murtazaliev said in his last video message sent to his mother.